BRASILIA, Brazil (AP) — Former President Jair Bolsonaro underwent questioning Wednesday about diamond jewelry gifts when he was in power, as part of an investigation into whether he engaged in any irregularities in bringing the items into Brazil.
The case has added to the legal jeopardy already surrounding the far-right politician’s time as president. He is also under investigation for any involvement in a rampage by his supporters through the national capital after he left office and for numerous actions during the presidential election campaign he lost last fall.
- NYC smash-and-grab nets over $2 million in jewelry: NYPD
- Caught on camera: $2 million in diamonds stolen from Bronx jewelry store
- Save $100 on Clean Origin engagement rings with this exclusive code—shop diamond rings now
- What is Frank Ocean’s net worth? Rapper’s brand Homer launches $25K diamond-encrusted gold penis ring
- Princess Beatrice's £300,000 engagement ring 'dazzles' with a 'modern twist'