A new nail and beauty salon has been given the green light to move into a former Collier Row convenience store.
The new beauty spot will be taking over the space previously used by Toclair Afro Foods, in Collier Row Road.
The store, which sold a range of African food products, shut down in 2021 and the premises was allegedly vacant for between 12 and 18 months according to documents filed as part of the recent application.
The applicant, Thi Huyen Trang, will be installing one small beauty room, offering a range of nail and beauty treatments.
According to the submission, no material or external changes are planned, though additions such as a new shop sign are included.
To get the latest news and features direct to your inbox, sign up for one of our newsletters here.
The application was approved by council officers though came with several conditions, including work beginning no later than three years from the date of the permission, and that the salon cannot be used other than between 9.30am and 6.30pm Monday to Saturday, and 11am and 4pm on Sundays, bank holidays or public holidays without consent.
The agency behind the proposal’s plans, Principal Plans, was approached for comment.
View the submission on Havering Council’s planning portal using the reference P1788.22.
- Spartanburg salon owners open beauty school downtown | Spartanburg Business
- Reynoldsburg police seek tips in suspected arson at barber shop-beauty salon in strip mall
- New York salons: the best hair salons, nail bars and more
- Hethersett salon named best in the east at industry awards
- Looking for a manicure/pedicure in MA? Here are 19 nail salons to try