According to news reports, the stolen goods – which also include some electronic devices – are valued at over “$10,000 (£7,906)”.
The story was first reported by TMZ on Wednesday (10 May).
Officials from the Los Angeles Police County Sheriff’s Department told the publication there was no sign of forced entry where Collins, 34, had stored her jewellery, adding that the theft is under investigation.
The Independent has contacted Collins’s representatives for comment.
During an interview with Kelly Ripa and Ryan Seacrest in December 2021, Collins said her husband, director Charlie McDowell designed the rose-cut diamond ring with well-known jewellery designer Irene Neuwirth.
A private jeweller, Bonnie Dudeney, told Hello! that the light-pink diamond weighs between two-three carats and is “exceptionally rare”.
“It would certainly command a retail price upwards of £65,000,” Dudeney added.
Collins announced that McDowell had proposed to her in September 2020, and shared a photograph of the ring on Instagram.
Her caption read: “I’ve been waiting my lifetime for you and I can’t wait to spend our lifetime together…”
“What started as a fairytale, is now my forever reality,” she captioned one of her wedding photos on Instagram. “I’ll never be able to properly describe how otherworldly this past weekend was, but magical is a pretty good place to start…”
- NYC smash-and-grab nets over $2 million in jewelry: NYPD
- Caught on camera: $2 million in diamonds stolen from Bronx jewelry store
- Save $100 on Clean Origin engagement rings with this exclusive code—shop diamond rings now
- What is Frank Ocean’s net worth? Rapper’s brand Homer launches $25K diamond-encrusted gold penis ring
- Princess Beatrice's £300,000 engagement ring 'dazzles' with a 'modern twist'