Meghan Markle skips engagement ring second time amid concerns for Diana’s diamonds

Meghan Markle skips engagement ring second time amid concerns for Diana’s diamonds
Meghan Markle skips engagement ring second time amid concerns for Diana’s diamonds 

Meghan Markle was spotted without the iconic jewellery piece during her appearance with Prince Harry in New York, five months after their alleged ‘catastrophic car chase’ incident.

While the Duchess of Sussex had been wearing a wedding band while addressing the audience on Tuesday for their mental health summit, she was notably missing her engagement ring.

Prince Harry had proposed to the former Suits actress in 2017 with a three-stone diamond ring. The ring’s design, which Harry designed himself, featured a big diamond that was sourced from Botswana along with two smaller diamonds from Princess Diana’s collection.

During the Invictus Games, last month, Meghan also chose to skip the ring and stick to her wedding band for the 8-day event in Düsseldorf, Germany.

With the ongoing speculation regarding why Meghan ditched the ring for the second time, Joanna Wyganowska Design expert and Gemologist at Queensmith told The Mirror of “very good reasons.”

Wyganowska shared that the ring, estimated to be upwards of $200,000, is “invaluable and extremely sentimental,” which means she may opt to avoid wearing it for “fear of damage or loss.”

She explained that it’s “very common” to get rings serviced or resized over the years.

“An engagement ring is something that may be worn every single day and therefore can become damaged for example a setting may come loose,” she said. “As Harry proposed to Meghan six years ago, it may very well be that she is simply getting the ring serviced.”

Previously, sources revealed that Prince William is “putting the word out through mutual friends that he wants to know what’s going on” with the ring as “not knowing where they are is disturbing” for him, per insiders for New Idea.

Read the rest

Speculation Prince Harry and Meghan could attend New York’s Met Gala right before King Charles’ coronation

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex have been uncharacteristically quiet of late following a busy December and January.

But it might not be long until Prince Harry and Meghan Markle make a return to the spotlight, and it could be at one of the world’s biggest events.

There is speculation the couple might soon make their debut at New York’s famed Met Gala.

The event is scheduled for May 1, just five days before the coronation of King Charles.

READ MORE:
* Five questions that need to be answered before the coronation of King Charles in May
* Royal family ‘fully expect’ Prince Harry and Meghan to attend the coronation of King Charles
* King calls in archbishop to broker peace deal between William and Harry for coronation amid ‘stunt’ fears

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are yet to say publicly whether they will travel to the UK for the historic occasion.

Recent reports suggest the royal family “fully expected” Prince Harry and Meghan to be there but it’s understood invitations have not yet been sent to the 2000 guests.

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle arrive at the Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum for the Salute to Freedom Gala in 2021. Will we see them in their fancy frocks for this year’s Met Gala?

Craig Ruttle/AP

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle arrive at the Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum for the Salute to Freedom Gala in 2021. Will we see them in their fancy frocks for this year’s Met Gala?

Before then, however, Prince Harry is scheduled to speak at a pricey summit for business leaders in San Francisco for his employer, Silicon Valley startup BetterUp.

But he’ll be on stage without Meghan.

Their recent joint appearance at the surprise vow renewal between Ellen DeGeneres and Portia DeRossi with other celebrities, including Gwyneth Paltrow and Courtney Cox, has sparked talk about where they might be next.

Christine Ross and Christina Garibaldi, hosts of the Royally Us podcast, believes it could be the

Read the rest

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle set for Met Gala debut?

Since moving to sunny California, Prince Harry and Meghan Markle first made headlines with their Oprah interview, then their recent Netflix documentary ‘Harry & Meghan’, and now with Prince Harry’s book ‘Spare.’

Despite the news surrounding these releases, the couple has made select public appearances, with interviews done sporadically.

But after being spotted at Ellen DeGeneres and Portia de Rossi’s surprise vow renewal party during the latter’s 50th birthday party, royal commentators have begun speculating whether the royal couple will be attempting to connect more with the A-List Hollywood lifestyle and possibly even attend this year’s Met Gala.

Joining the A-List celebrity guest list

For Christine Ross and Christina Garibaldi, hosts of ‘Royally Us’, an Us Weekly podcast, it’s clear what Prince Harry and Meghan are trying to achieve since their appearance at the vow renewal party, with stars Gwyneth Paltrow, Jennifer Aniston, Katy Perry, Orlando Bloom, and more present.

“It was definitely an A-List Hollywood guest list and I think that’s where Harry and Meghan want to find themselves — on that A-List Hollywood circuit,” said Garibaldi.

“I think this is the first of many times we’re going to see Harry and Meghan in these A-List circuits. I would keep an eye out on things like the Met Gala, the big red carpets this year, to see where they are going to find their place in the celebrity minefield.”

That’s when Ross chimed in: “I totally agree with you. I think they are going to be making their Met Gala debut this year, for sure.

At the vow renewal party, Prince Harry and Meghan were reportedly introduced to Adam Lilling by DeGeneres. Lilling is a venture capitalist who founded Plus Capital, and worked with DeGeneres in investing in Pachama

Read the rest